Young boy taken to hospital after house fire

Fire crews were called from Rothwell and Hunslet
Fire crews were called from Rothwell and Hunslet

A five-year-old boy has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out in a house.

Fire crews were called to the scene on Second Avenue in Rothwell around 8.30pm last night, Sunday, February 11.

The blaze has since been put out.

Inspector Darren Brown, from West Yorkshire Police, said the youngster was receiving treatment in hospital.

He is being treated for smoke inhalation and burns.

He added: “There were no other people injured in the fire.

“The fire has now been put out and the fire investigators are commencing an investigation alongside the police investigation.”

A witness saw smoke coming from a bathroom window and police and four fire engines at the scene.