Unattended candle sparks house fire in Knottingley

editorial image

A candle left unattended sparked a house fire in Knottingley.

Fire crews from Pontefract were called to a property on Simpsons Lane at around 10.20pm on Friday.

A fire service spokesman said the candle was left unattended and set fire to a set of drawers in bedroom.

He added: “We would like to stress the importance of not leaving candles unattended because this incident could have been much worse.”

No-one was injured in the incident.

For a fire safety check call West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service visit www.westyorksfire.gov.uk or call 0800 5874536.