Potentially ‘toxic’ fire in South Kirkby

Latest news...
Latest news...

A three-piece-suite caused a potentially toxic blaze when it was set alight in South Kirkby.

Firefighters were called to put out the flames at a property on Convent Avenue, at 7.15pm on Thursday.

Mark Faulkner, watch commander at Hemsworth Fire Station, said: “There was a lot of black smoke coming from the three-piece-suite and the smoke that is produced from synthetic materials is bad, it can be toxic and bad for the environment.

“We’ve informed the people who set the fire of the dangers and not to set furniture on fire again.”