A family avoided injury after a firework crashed into their home through an open window.
The rocket soared in to the property on Sunny Bank in Fitzwilliam at around 9.30pm on Saturday, October 29.
A timely pumpkin carving activity meant the residents had a lucky miss, as they were in a shed in their back garden at the time of the incident.
Firefighters were called to the scene when the occupants returned to the house to find the firework smouldering in their conservatory.
Al Senior, Watch Commander at South Kirkby fire station said: “It was a freak accident that this firework entered the property through an open window.
“The firework could have hurt somebody and it filled the conservatory with smoke but luckily nobody was in the house.
“We would like to remind people to keep their doors and windows shut as bonfire and firework displays take place over the next few days.
“We want to prevent any accidents like this, in which a firework has fallen into the home, occurring again.
“And we also want to keep children and pets safe.”