In today’s Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express our top story is how thousands of pupils have been excluded from school for offences including assault, drugs and racial abuse during the past two years.
Also in news:
- The family of an Upton pensioner with a passion for motorbikes has paid tribute to their “racing grandad” who died after a high-speed crash at a time trial competition.
- A panel of floating voters has been recruited to give their views on the general election as candidates battle for votes.
- Frickley Athletic slipped back into the bottom four in the Evo-Stik Premier League despite picking up a valuable point on Monday.
- Promotion-chasers Hemsworth Miners Welfare lost 3-1 at Hallam in NCE League Division One on Tuesday after Nash Connolly had given them an early lead.
- Upton ARLFC gave a vastly improved display in a narrow defeat against Pennine League Premier Division leaders Fryston.
- A full round up of all the latest junior sports reports, plus cycling pool, darts news.