In today’s Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express our top story is how police are appealing for witnesses after three armed robberies in less than a week at shops across the district.
Also in news:
- A GP has been suspended from practising over “sexually motivated” behaviour towards two female colleagues at the White Rose Surgery in South Elmsall.
- Top musicians in Carlton Main Frickley Colliery Band are blowing their own trumpets after reaching the national brass band championships in London.
- Gavin Allott’s 76th minute goal earned Frickley Athletic a 1-1 home draw against Halesowen Town in the Evo-Stik Premier League on Tuesday night.
- After two successive defeats, promotion-chasers Hemsworth Miners Welfare bounced back with two away victories in Toolstation NCE Division One by beating Lincoln Moorlands Railway on Saturday and Hall Road Rangers on Tuesday night.
- Upton ARLC open-age team have their biggest game of the season this Saturday when they host Sharlston Rovers in the BARLA National Cup semi-finals.
- A full round up of the latest junior sports reports, plus pool, darts and cross country news.