In today’s Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express our top story is how a nurse who caused the death of a South Elmsall grandad by driving carelessly has been told to carry out unpaid work.
Also in news:
- Caring sister Kasey Smith is tackling a six-mile trek to help raise cash to send her little brother on a dream trip to Disney World.
- A controversial new fire station in South Kirkby has been officially opened.
- Frickley Athletic bounced back from Saturday’s 2-1 home defeat against Workington by collecting a point from Tuesday night’s 2-2 draw at Barwell in the Evo-Stik Premier League.
- Hemsworth Miners Welfare’s unbeaten run in Toolstation NCE Division One ended with a 4-0 home defeat against Louth.
- Upton ARLFC coasted to a 112-0 win over Ryhill Hammers in the Wakefield and District Open Cup.
- A full round up of all the latest junior sports reports, plus pool and darts news.