In today’s Hemsworth and Sourh Elmsall Express, we are backing your calls to ‘make Minsthorpe Lane safe’ after an 11-year-old girl suffered serious head injuries when she was hit by a car walking to school on Monday.
Also in news:
- The family of a six-year-old boy suffering from a rare genetic illness has asked Prime Minister David Cameron to step in to prevent his life-changing drug treatment from being scrapped.
-A man accused of causing the death of a Havercroft resident by dangerous driving has appeared in court.
- Frickley Athletic will hope to get back into action to end three weeks of inactivity when they host Stourbridge at Westfield Lane on Saturday.
- Hemsworth Miners Welfare have set their sights on snatching top spot in Toolstation NCE League Division One.
- Upton United under 12s reached the next round of the Charles Rice League Cup with an impressive display in a 7-0 win over Worsbrough.
- Hemsworth RUFC beat fellow strugglers Burley in the clash of the bottom two teams in Yorkshire Division Three.
- A full round up of all the latest junior sports reports, plus pool and darts news.