In today’s Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express our top story is how the family of a little boy paralysed in a car accident wants to raise £10k to help bring him home from hospital.
Also in news:
- A robber who threatened to stab a group of 15-year-old boys has been locked up for 18 months.
- With the school holidays in full swing, you may find keeping your young ones entertained a real struggle. But The Express is here to help - see our two-page guide on what to do during the summer.
- Elderly residents are continuing their fight to save their sheltered housing scheme in Upton from closure.
- Frickley Colliery recorded their first pre-season win in great style by beating Garforth Town 4-1.
- Hemsworth stepped up their promotion bid in Pontefract Cricket League Division Two by climbing to third place.
- Moorthorpe under sixes soccer team were in great form against Upton last weekend.
- A full round up of all the latest cycling and football news plus a full report and photographs from Pontefract’s race meeting last Sunday.