This week we lead on tributes paid to ‘loving and smiling’ motorcyclist Lewis Clark who died in a horrific crash on the Isle of Man.
Also in news:
- Wakefield Council could pass on the running of leisure facilities across the district to an external company.
- Community groups have set up collection points to help refugees fleeing the on-going conflict in Syria.
- A conman who falsified stolen prescriptions in a bid to satisfy his addiction to the drug codeine has been jailed.
- And Coun Michelle Collins, whose grandfather was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s four years ago, is campaigning to make communities more dementia friendly.
- Frickley Athletic extended their unbeaten run to six matches when they beat Ilkeston Town.
- Upton Wrangbrook maintained their 100 per cent start to the season when they hammered Smawthorne FC 6-0.
- And West End Juniors under 11s and under 9s enjoyed their end of season presentation and race night in the West End Club.