This week we lead on tributes paid to dedicated war veteran and Royal British Legion fundraiser Ernest ‘Tat’ Adams, who attended every memorial service since 1922.
Also in news:
- Retiring school governor Roland Hawcroft received a letter from the queen after year six pupils at St Helen’s Church of England Primary sent a message to Buckingham Palace about his 40 years at the school.
- Private companies will take over council services.
- South Kirkby Reds FC say they won’t let vandals win as they host a fun day to raise money to restore club facilities which vandals trashed last month.
- New parking charges come into force at district’s hospitals.
- The sister of a late South Elmsall building worker is exhibiting his artwork showing the mining community at work and play.
- Frickley Athletic sell Reece Thompson to York City.
- South Kirkby suffer double set back in Pontefract and District cricket league.
- Upton United under 11s ended their 2014-15 season in style by winning the Hemsworth Terriers tournament.