This week we lead on a boy with a condition so rare it affects only 10 youngsters in the UK. Beau Gosney is learning to love the outdoors after he was given a new trike.
Also in news:
- Ferrybridge Power Station will close within a year, with the loss of up to 400 jobs.
- Councillor Sandra Pickin reflects on her year as Mayor of Wakefield.
- A tip-off leads police to uncover a cannabis farm.
- Chancellor George Osborne has outlined plans to create a ‘northern powerhouse’ by offering more powers to the West Yorkshire region.
- Frickley Athletic know who they will be up against in the Premier Division of the Evo-Stik League next season.
- Upton ran out winners against CK Vikings in the Wakefield President’s Cup final.
- Frickley Academy under 10s were unlucky to miss out on victory at the JJ Leisure Cup finals day when they lost a penalty shoot-out against Mangham.