This week we lead on a £660,000 new development which will boost sporting facilities in South Elmsall.
Also in news:
- A South Elmsall man who has spent 63 years providing first aid at community events has been given a lifetime achievement award.
- Groups from across the area marked a year of Asda and the Express’ Community Fund at a festive party last week.
- Union members staged a protest outside Next’s South Elmsall distribution centre after the retailer admitted that temporary jobs were advertised in Poland two weeks before being made available to local people.
- Frickley Athletic’s first-ever visit to Curzon Ashton’s Tameside Stadium ended in disappointment as they crashed to a 3-0 defeat on Saturday.
- Hemsworth RUFC suffered their 11th defeat in 12 league games when they were edged out 21-17 in Saturday’s home game against Baildon.
- Hemsworth Miners Welfare maintained their NCE League promotion push by stretching their unbeaten run to 12 games.
- A full round up of junior soccer news and cycling.
- Your last chance to win a Playstation 4 in time for Christmas.