FIREFIGHTERS from Hemsworth and South Elmsall attended a fire at a pub in Hemsworth last night (Tuesday).
Crews were called out to The Hemsworth, on Highfield Road, at around 11pm.
A spokesman from Hemsworth fire station said that an open fire had been lit in the bar area but the chimney was capped off further up the flue.
This led to a small build up of smoke but firefighters put the fire out at around 1am this morning and no-one was injured.
The spokesman added: “With the onset of the winter season, householders are reminded of the importance of having their chimney flues swept before lighting open fires.”
The pub confirmed that it would be open as normal this morning.