A consultation on proposals to change the layout of Castleford market has been extended.
Wakefield Council revealed the plans last week, stating they had been drawn up following concerns from traders and businesses about the look of empty stalls.
The authority said the current layout had also been deemed as “restrictive” for shoppers and vehicle access.
It says it plans to improve the market place by changing the layout to form just a single line of stalls.
The proposals also include having ‘gazebo-style’ pitches and restricting stallholders from increasing the size of their plot.
Coun Denise Jeffery, the council’s cabinet member for economic growth and regeneration, said: “Following feedback from market traders, we’d like to look at making some improvements to Castleford Market to make it an even better place to shop and work.
“Please take part in the consultation to let us know your thoughts on the proposals.”
People originally had until this Friday to view the proposals online at www.wakefield.gov.uk/casmarket and have their say.
But after last week’s wintry weather, the consultation has been extended until Friday, March 16.
Questionnaires can also be completed at Castleford Market Hall and on the consultation stall at Castleford outdoor market.