A full inquest into the deaths of Bobby and Christi Shepherd who died while on holiday in Corfu will start on Monday.
Christi, seven, and her six-year-old brother Robert died while on holiday on the Greek island with their dad, Neil, and his then partner, and now wife, Ruth in October 2006.
The Horbury youngsters were on a half-term holiday at the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel, booked through travel agent Thomas Cook.
Both children died after carbon monoxide fumes leaked into the chalet and both adults fell into comas.
The inquest will start on Monday at Wakefield Coroner’s Court and is expected to last three weeks.
In a statement, the family said: “We do not expect that the coroner’s inquest will right the injustice of the criminal trial in Corfu but hope that finally we will, through our legal team, present the full facts surrounding Christi’s and Bobby’s deaths.
“It has been a long hard eight-and-a-half years fighting for justice for Christi and Bobby culminating in meeting with the prime minister to get funding for legal representation at this inquest.
“We hope the inquest will be full and fearless as promised.”
After a post-mortem examination was carried out it was discovered that Christi and Bobby had died from carbon monoxide poisoning which had allegedly been caused by a faulty gas boiler in an outhouse next to their bungalow.
The family added: “We struggle to deal with the loss of our children daily but if we can take something positive from this inquest, and if the true facts are brought to light, we can finally be left in peace to move on with our lives.
“Not to have to recall this heartbreaking tragedy again in public will be a blessing.”