Three workers at a glass factory were treated for smoke inhalation and heat penetration after a molten glass leak at Ardagh Glass in Knottingley.
Fire crews from five stations across the area were called to the factory on Headlands Lane at around 10am this morning.
Julie Watson, plant director, said: “A small leak occurred during routine maintenance.
“No-one has been seriously injured, but three employees have been treated on site, two for smoke inhalation and another for heat penetration.
“The leak has now been brought safely under control and normal operations will be resumed within the next few days after all necessary checks and safety precautions have been completed.