Man rescued from Lupset home by police community support officer

Latest news...
Latest news...

A PCSO (police community support officer) rescued a man from a house fire.

The incident happened on Esther Grove in Lupset at around 6.30pm on Sunday.

Blue Watch commander Ian Stead, of Wakefield Fire Station, said the ‘potentially fatal’ fire was caused by a chip pan that had been left unattended.

He said: “There was damage to the kitchen, but the real danger here came from the toxic fumes that are generated in these types of fires. There were no smoke alarms in the property either, so this man really did have a lucky escape.”

Watch manager Stead said the PCSO had managed to rescue the man from the living room of the property before fire crews arrived.