Man rescued after chip pan fire in South Kirkby

Latest news...
Latest news...

FIREFIGHTERS from South Elmsall and Hemsworth Fire Stations rescued a man after a chip pan fire in South Kirkby in the early hours of this morning (Thursday).

A 31-year-old man was rescued from a flat on Ings Close, South Kirkby at around 1.15am this morning after the pan was left unattended.

The fire was out when firefighters arrived but the property was heavily smoke logged.

A spokesperson for Hemsworth Fire Station said: “We wish to stress the importance of having smoke alarms fitted to all homes and to avoid using conventional chip pans where possible.

“The person mentioned in the incident above was extremely lucky.”

For a free home fire safety check call 0800 3658745.