Potentially ‘toxic’ fire in South Kirkby
A three-piece-suite caused a potentially toxic blaze when it was set alight in South Kirkby.
Firefighters were called to put out the flames at a property on Convent Avenue, at 7.15pm on Thursday.
Mark Faulkner, watch commander at Hemsworth Fire Station, said: “There was a lot of black smoke coming from the three-piece-suite and the smoke that is produced from synthetic materials is bad, it can be toxic and bad for the environment.
“We’ve informed the people who set the fire of the dangers and not to set furniture on fire again.”
- Homes plan to begin next year
- Children’s heart unit at Leeds General Infirmary to reopen
- Tough Challenge Cup draws for Castleford and Featherstone
- UPDATE: Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies- her politics divided a nation
- Former prime minister Margaret Thatcher dies following a stroke
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east