Police discover cannabis farm
A CANNABIS farm has been busted in South Elmsall.
Plants were found growing in a house on High Street when officers raided it last Wednesday at about 4pm.
They were growing in an upstairs bedroom and in a garage attached to the house.
Growing equipment was also seized during the raid and later destroyed.
A 52-year-old man was arrested at the scene.
Insp Geoff Carter, of the south east neighbourhood policing team (NPT), said: “This is an example of our team following up on all community intelligence.
“Any information that comes through about cannabis farms, we’ll follow it up.”
Anyone with any information about drugs should contact police on 101, or CrimeStoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- Homes plan to begin next year
- Children’s heart unit at Leeds General Infirmary to reopen
- Tough Challenge Cup draws for Castleford and Featherstone
- UPDATE: Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies- her politics divided a nation
- Former prime minister Margaret Thatcher dies following a stroke
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east