DCSIMG

Man treated after tumble dryer fire

Latest news...

Latest news...

 

A man suffered smoke inhalation after a tumble dryer fire at a house in Allerton Bywater.

Firefighters were called to Station Terrace at 9.57pm last night (Friday) after the occupant discovered a tumble dryer on fire in his basement.

Crews from Pontefract and Castleford used breathing apparatus and ventilation fans to clear the incident, which also affected neighbouring houses.

A Fire Service spokesman said paramedics treated the man for the effects of smoke inhalation.

He said the tumble dryer was still smouldering when they dragged it out of the property.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page