In today’s Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express we launch our new campaign, aimed at ensuring people in the south east get their fair share and at sorting out problems in your local communities.
Also in news:
- Devoted dad Martin Smith wants to raise £10,000 to take his young son – who has just been diagnosed with a life-shortening condition – to Disney World.
- A man swallowed a live goldfish at McDonald’s as part of a sick video prank, a court heard.
- Hemsworth MP Jon Trickett has welcomed plans to create a new coal drift mine in his constituency.
- Hemsworth’s Scott Askham has fulfilled his dream of joining the ranks of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).
- South Kirkby stepped up their bid to lift the Pontefract Cricket League Division One title for the first time by inflicting leaders Ackworth’s first defeat.
- Photographs and report from Pontefract’s race meeting on Monday and a preview of next Tuesday’s meeting.
- A full round up of all the latest junior sports reports plus cycling news.