This week we lead on furious parents who have branded a school’s April Fools’ Day event ‘sick’ after it left their children terrified.
Also in news:
- Minsthorpe Pool Action Group is asking local schoolchildren to ‘design a pool’ as part of its fight for a new facility in the area.
- Pupils and teachers at Minsthorpe Community College were celebrating after Ofsted inspectors gave it a ‘good’ rating.
- Parking charges have been increased for staff and patients at the district’s hospitals.
- We also have a special feature on the Royal Voluntary Service as more volunteers are needed to deliver vital help to vulnerable people.
- High-flying AFC Fylde scored twice in the second half to run out 2-0 winners at Frickley Athletic and leave the Blues four points adrift of safety in the Evo-Stik Premier League.
- Eccleshill United completed a double over Hemsworth MW in Division One of the Toolstation NCE League on Saturday, but were made to work harder than the first meeting between the sides back in October.
In promotions: - 36 free marigolds worth £11.99 for every reader.