In this week’s Express our top story is how calls have been stepped up for a government apology on the 30-year anniversary of the miners’ strike.
- Labour councillor Steve Tulley is facing disciplinary action for taking a stand against Wakefield Council’s budget.
- A heavily pregnant cannabis grower grew too big to fit through the hatch to her “little drug factory”, a court heard.
- Two fellow Evo-Stik clubs have come to Frickley Athletic’s aid following the recent clubhouse break in at Westfield Lane.
- Upton were knocked out of the BARLA National Cup by Hunslet Old Boys while Kinsley Raiders were pipped by 11-man Sherburn Bears in the Pennine League’s Supplementary Cup.
- Hemsworth RUFC gave one of their worst performances this season in a defeat at Harrogate Pythons.
- A full round up of soccer match reports, plus junior sports news.