Firefighters tackled a kitchen blaze after a man fell asleep and left a pizza cooking in the oven.
Crews from Castleford and Pontefract were called to a maisonette in Watling Road, Castleford, at around 5.10am this morning (Sunday).
The downstairs neighbour alerted the fire service after hearing the smoke detector.
When firefighters arrived, the alarm was still going and they received no response from the occupant after banging on the door.
Crews then put ladders up to the upstairs window and could see there was a fire. They then cut the door open to gain access.
A West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesperson said a male inside the property had started cooking and had then fallen asleep.
A small fire had broken out in the oven, causing the property to fill with smoke.
Two breathing apparatus wearers tackled the fire using hose reels. The man did not require any medical treatment and crews left the scene at around 6.15am.