In today’s Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express we lead on plans for new sports facilities at Hemsworth Water Park as part of a £350,000 project by the town council.
Also in news:
- The family of an 11-year-old girl injured on Minsthorpe Lane say the council is refusing to introduce a 20mph zone despite hundreds of people signing a petition.
- A campaign group is concerned over the lack of progress on a new multi-million pound swimming pool.
- And former super heavy weight boxer Jack Radford is coaching the next generation of talent at a new club.
- Frickley Athletic have suffered a big blow with the departure of Gavin Allott, their top scorer for the last three seasons.
- Local teams and sportsmen came together for a fundraising game in aid of injured footballer and rugby league player Mark Pinder.
- Lovepreet Singh hammered an unbeaten century as Frickley Colliery won a high-scoring Pontefract Cricket League Division One game.
- A full round up of all the latest junior sports reports, plus horse racing, pool, darts and cycling news.