In today’s Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express our top story is how a man has appeared in court accused of arson after a fire at a block of flats in Hemsworth.
Also in news:
- Devoted mum Maya McCormack ran up cash for a charity in her daughter’s memory when she tackled the Ackworth Half Marathon on Sunday.
- A community bus service in the south east is to be scrapped at the end of the month due to lack of funding.
- Frickley Athletic’s relegation worries in the Evo-Stik Premier League increased with a poor performance in Tuesday night’s 2-0 defeat at fellow strugglers Belper Town.
- Promotion-chasers Hemsworth Miners Welfare lost 2-1 at home to neighbours Pontefract Collieries in NCE League Division One on Tuesday night after Nick Guest had put them ahead.
- Two sword fencers from South Kirkby’s Burntwood Club have qualified to represent Yorkshire in the national youth finals.
- A full round up of all the latest junior sports reports, plus cricket, cycling, pool, darts news.