In today’s Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express our top story is how a year after a horror car smash left him paralysed, little JJ Michalowski has been told he could walk again.
Also in news:
- Budding writers helped to create their own version of the Express front page as part of a literacy lesson.
- Business secretary Vince Cable is expected to decide today whether to grant state aid and save Kellingley Colliery from closure.
- Frickley Athletic drew 1-1 with King’s Lynn at Westfield Lane on Tuesday night after losing 2-0 at Marine on Saturday in the Evo-Stik Premier League.
- Two goals from substitute Dom Blair earned Hemsworth Miners Welfare a 2-1 win in a big promotion battle with AFC Mansfield in Division One of the Toolstation NCE League.
- Battling Upton ARLFC failed in their bid to reach the BARLA National Cup final when they were edged out by Sharlston Rovers in Saturday’s semi-final.
- A full round up of all the latest junior sports reports, plus pool and darts news.