In today’s Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express our top story is how ‘little miracle’ JJ Michalowski has been able to stand up for the first time since he was paralysed from the chest down in a horror car smash in March.
Also in news:
- Touching tributes have been paid to a long-serving former Frickley Athletic Football Club chairman who has died, aged 71.
- Hospital operations are being cancelled and patients face delays in A&E as NHS services struggle to cope with demand.
- Take a look back at our top stories with the first part of our Review of the Year 2014.
- Frickley Athletic are looking for more Christmas cheer with back to back home matches over the festive period.
- Upton face Queens in a provisional BARLA Yorkshire Cup semi-final at South Leeds Stadium on Sunday after BARLA ruled that both Fryston and Sharlston had fielded an ineligible player in their recent semi-final.
- Promotion-chasers Hemsworth Miners Welfare were left kicking their heels for the second successive weekend when their NCE League Division One game at Worsbrough Bridge was postponed.
- A full round up of the draws for next season’s Pontefract and District Cricket League cup competitions.
Merry Christmas to all our readers!