In this week’s Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express our top story is how minibus driver James Johnson has been jailed for more than six years over the M62 crash that killed Bethany Jones and left 19 others injured.
Also in news:
- A four-page special report looking at the court case and sentencing of Johnson and the impact Bethany’s death has had on her family, as well as details of action taken against the owner and operator of the minibus.
- A father and son were found with serious head injuries following a disturbance in South Elmsall.
- Frickley Athletic lost 3-2 at FC United of Manchester in the Evo-Stik League Northern Premier Division front of a crowd of 1,634 on Tuesday evening after they were sunk by a goal three minutes from time shortly after they had made it 2-2.
- Hemsworth Miners Welfare bowed out of the Sheffield Association Cup when were beaten 3-1 at Stocksbridge Park Steels Reserves.
- Upton ARLFC pipped Leeds team Queens 10-8 in a bruising Pennine League Premier Division match.
- A full round up of junior soccer, cycling, snooker and pool news.