In today’s Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express our top story is how a Havercroft man who caused a teenage college student’s death by driving dangerously has been jailed for more than five years.
Also in news:
- Vulnerable children are being referred to social services because families are missing out on vital support, council bosses have admitted.
- A surge in class sizes has seen the number of primary school children being taught in groups of more than 30 rise by almost 380 per cent.
- Frickley Colliery bounced back from tumbling out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle at Farsley on Saturday by trouncing FC United of Manchester 4-1 in front of a crowd of 542 in Tuesday night’s home Evo Stik League Premier Division game.
- South Kirkby completed a trophy treble in the Pontefract Cricket League by lifting the Division One title for the first time for 82 years.
- Photographs and full details of a newly formed under 11s soccer team, South Kirkby Mineros, who have made a promising start in the Doncaster District Sunday Premier Division.
- A full round up of soccer and rugby union news.