In today’s Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express our top story is about a man who has gone on trial accused of murdering a pensioner at the Southmoor Hotel in Hemsworth three years ago.
Also in news:
- Two women involved in last year’s horrific M62 hen party minibus crash have given their backing to a new charity helping survivors of major trauma rebuild their lives.
- Elderly residents at a sheltered housing scheme that is under threat of closure are celebrating this week after being told the site has been given a temporary reprieve.
- Frickley Colliery achieved their first win of the season in the Evo-Stik Premier League by beating Matlock Town 1-0 on Tuesday night..
- Pontefract Cricket League Division One leaders South Kirkby slipped to a 24-run defeat at Streethouse, despite Liam Rollin’s six-wicket haul.
- Hemsworth RUFC bowed out of the Yorkshire Silver Trophy after having a man sent off at Bramley Phoenix
- Hemsworth MW continued their fine start to the season in Toolstation NCE Division One with a 3-1 win at Grimsby Borough..
- A full round up of junior soccer news, plus cycling, darts and pigeon racing news.