In this week’s Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express our top story is how devoted parents Steve and Maya McCormack have raised £165,000 to open a nursery in memory of their baby daughter who died from a rare genetic disorder.
Also in news:
- A parade of mayors and mayoresses from across the county made its way through the streets of Moorthorpe and South Kirkby for the official Yorkshire Day celebrations.
- The tragic story of little John James Michalowski has touched the hearts of hundreds since The Express went to print last week.
- Frickley Colliery play their final warm-up match against Goole AFC this Saturday ahead of the new Evo-Stik League campaign.
- South Kirkby lifted the Pontefract and District Cricket League’s Dyson-Skidmore Trophy for the second time by beating Fairburn on Sunday.
- Moorthorpe Rangers under 10s missed out in the final of a local soccer tournament.
- A full round up of all the latest football and pigeon racing news.