In today’s Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express our top story is about a doctor suspended after being referred to the health regulator who can no longer work in the profession after removing himself from the medical register.
Also in news:
- Train services in the south and east of the district are badly in need of investment to meet soaring demand for rail travel. The claim was made by rail campaigners who spoke to the Express as part of our campaign Our Fair Share.
- Real-life stories of sexual assaults and grooming across the district are being shared with school children in a bid to help tackle child sexual exploitation.
- Frickley Athletic’s squad for the new season continues to take shape with the announcement of two more signings.
- South Kirkby achieved two victories over local rivals Frickley in the Pontefract and District Cricket League.
- Upton under eights soccer team celebrated a magnificent season at their awards night.
- A full round up of all the latest junior sports reports plus bowls news.