This week we lead with the news that a lorry driver has denied causing the death of teenager Bethany Jones in a crash on the M62.
Also in News:
- Rare and collectable records are being sold from a new shop in Moorthorpe as vinyl makes a comeback on the music scene.
- A new scheme has been launched in South Kirkby that will create employment for young people aged 18 to 24 from across the district.
- The latest piece of kit to help firefighters was unveiled at South Elmsall Fire Station this week.
- Top jobs axed at troubled NHS trust.
- Frickley Athletic have welcomed two new additions to their board of directors.
- Six players were sent off - three from each team - as Upton ARLFC drew 26-26 at Queensbury in their final match.
- Frickley Colliery achieved their first win this season in the Pontefract Cricket League in great style by beating the defending champions.
A full round up of cricket and soccer match reports, plus all the latest junior sports news.