This week we lead on a story about double liver transplant survivor Paul Goodall and his wife Vicky – who lost 14 stone in a bid to get pregnant – are expecting their ‘miracle’ baby next month.
Also in news:
- Wakefield District is a hotspot for dog attacks after 92 people were hospitalised after incidents last year.
- Residents have overwhelmingly voted in favour of a new pool being located on the former Minsthorpe Pool site in South Elmsall.
- Local elections: round up of all the candidates.
- Firefighters to walk out on strike.
- Frickley Athletic hope an excellent win at Worksop Town on the final day of the Evo-Stik Premier League season will have been enough to earn them a reprieve from relegation
- South Kirkby cointinued their impressive start in the Ponntefract and District Cricket League by beating derby rivals Frickley.
- Upton lifted the Wakefield ARL Cup by defeating Crigglestone-Kettlethorpe in the final.
- A full round up of cricket and soccer and match reports, plus all the latest junior sports news.