In this week’s Express
- South Elmsall councillor Steve Tulley has been suspended from the Labour Party for standing up against a ‘thieving’ district council.
- Work has started on a long awaited £11.6m housing development on Gordon Place, South Elmsall.
- A baby was seriously injured in a head-on collision on the Hemsworth bypass last weekend.
- There was heartbreak for Frickley Athletic in Tuesday night’s Doodson Sport Cup semi-final when they lost 4-3 on penalties to AFC Fylde in a match that finished scoreless after it did not kick off until 8.45pm because of traffic problems on the M62.
- Upton ARLFC kept alive their Pennine League Championship Division title bid by scraping a 32-22 win at Dewsbury Moor who they hammered 70-8 earlier this season.
- Injuries took their toll on Hemsworth RUFC in a 41-5 defeat at Northallerton.
- A full round up of soccer match reports, plus junior sports news.