In this week’s Express we lead on the story of how construction work has started on a controversial new fire station in South Kirkby that will replace South Elmsall and Hemsworth stations.
Also in news:
- New charity Helping Hands has been spreading goodwill across the SESKU area since launching seven months ago.
- Hundreds of children will be opening their eyes to an exciting gift under their tree tomorrow morning, thanks to the Express Christmas Toy Appeal.
- Frickley Athletic was forced to settle for a third successive Evo-Stik Premier League draw after letting a two-goal lead slip against Worksop Town.
- Moorthorpe Rangers under 10s were pipped in the final of the inaugural Steve Kelly memorial tournament at Wakefield Soccer City on Sunday.
- A South Elmsall couple is proud of the exploits of their two grandsons who are both making their mark with Yorkshire schools cricket teams.
We would like to wish all our readers a Merry Christmas.