In this week’s Express we lead on the story of four men who became involved in a drunken brawl that resulted in a man being hit with a pool cue and glass.
Also in news:
- A man who is accused of murdering a Hemsworth caretaker has made his first crown court appearance.
- A widower who used his dead wife’s blue disabled badge instead of paying an 80p parking fee has ended up in court.
- Frickley Athletic will face an on-song Brigg Town side in the FA Trophy First Qualifying Round at Westfield Lane on Saturday (kick-off 3pm).
- Table-topping Raiders made it five wins from as many matches but were pushed all the way by local rivals Crofton in Pennine League Division 5.
- The search is on for your funniest, cutest star pets.
- Win a millionaire’s weekend to Barcelona.
- Half price entry at Knowsley Safari Park.