In this week’s Express:
- A former Hemsworth Town councillor was caught selling duty free cigarettes and booze just seven weeks after being arrested for similar offences.
- Retail giant Next has hit back after claims were made that its South Elmsall distribution centre employed Polish workers to dodge regulations.
- A survey of smoking among the district’s school children found that 20 per cent had tried cigarettes - but rising numbers of children were choosing not to smoke.
And in sport:
- Ryhill-based West Riding Sailing Club has received a boost thanks to being handed £50,000 of Olympic legacy funding to improve its facilities and help get more local people involved in the sport.
- Frickley Athletic kick-off their new season at Stamford on Saturday and boss Karl Rose is sweating on the fitness of star striker Gavin Allott.
- Free chips at Nosh Chip Shop.
- Buy one, get one free at Subway.