Plans to build 84 new homes just off an estate in Pontefract have been approved despite objections.
Developer Noble Homes was granted full planning permission to build the properties on land off Limetrees near the M62 motorway.
The plans were deferred at a meeting last month after campaigners claimed access to the site was not suitable and to allow a further consultation to be carried out.
But the proposals were approved by Wakefield Council’s planning and highways committee last Thursday.
Sir Bill O’Brien, who lives on Limetrees, campaigned for the plans to be refused, along with Pontefract councillors Clive Tennant and Pat Garbutt.
Mr O’Brien said: “We are disappointed the plans were approved but it was a greater disappointment that the issue of access into the site was not given more consideration.
“That was our major concern because there is a lot of elderly people living on the estate and having big contractor vehicles going through it could put them at danger.
“We are now considering our options but we just want to make sure that our streets will be kept clean.”
Planning permission had already been granted for 48 homes on the land.
And the new homes will include a mixture of two and two-and-half-storey semi detached and terraced properties.
As part of the plans, Noble Homes will make a contribution of £207,552 to the council to provide additional school places in the district.
The council report said: “The developer has confirmed that he will ensure residents have contact details for the site manager.
“They will be able to raise any concerns and seek a satisfactory resolution with the developer once they are on site.”